Many times we are looking for inspiration to give a gift to a child that is no longer a child. We rarely find good recommendations or ideas online for gifts to give to a future teenager that they can enjoy playing all by themselves or surrounded by family.
3-dimensional puzzles, or 3D puzzles, add an extra challenge to traditional puzzles for several reasons, but they also have amazing educational benefits for children and teenagers.
• Improves visual memory and concentration
• Develops patience, long-term results and self-esteem
• Encourages problem solving
• Improves the ability to see and make geometric association between pieces
• Develops mathematical logic, classification and association
• Improves spatial orientation
• Improves fine motor skills
3D puzzles allow us to create a 3-dimensional structure. It is an ideal activity to do as a family and it is proven to have very positive effects on social relationships.
Depending on the number of pieces, they are indicated for different age groups. There are different levels of difficulty. We would recommend that having experience in these types of game is something that helps a lot, and if we do it as a family game night, working as a team, then the task is even easier and very enriching. You will find that it opens the communication valves and can lead to reinforcing the bond and trust between family members.
Here are some tips to assemble the 3D Puzzle on your family game night:
1. It is essential to separate all of the pieces and make a good classification. Sort the pieces by colours, shape, and type of drawing.
2. It is advisable to first choose the pieces with borders to create the frames of the structures
3. Follow the building sequence on the instructions in order to assemble the walls and general structure.
4. Have ample space to be able to place all the pieces and assembled sections face up in order to search well.
Teamwork makes the dream work for an amazing end result!